DNC Worldwide’s Top Spring Tips for Life (and some news too!)
From the famous cherry blossoms in our nation’s capital to cleaning out the mess in your home, springtime marks new beginnings. In 2009, the significance of this season’s meaning couldn’t have a more beautiful effect. From new ninjas to new jobs to new additions to our own families, it sure seems like everything is blooming for the DNC. But before we get to that, here are some tips to make your life worth living this spring!
DNC Worldwide’s Top 10 Spring Tips for Life
- Buy some new clothes for the season!– Throw out everything in your closet you haven’t worn in the past six months and get some new warm weather wear in there! You might have some separate anxiety at first but the new wardrobe will help you get over it!
- Start a journal! – Fill it with your dreams and aspirations. Whether its significant or not, write it down! Remember, all great actions begin with your commitment to a single idea! This applies to all aspects of your life.
- Begin a new hobby or get back to an old one!– For DNC Westchase, this means volleyball games, more trips to the gym, and Sunday BBQ’s. Spring is an excellent time for golf as well. Wherever your interests lie, there is nothing like beginning something to new to refresh and make you feel alive!
- Do some spring cleaning! – I don’t mean the manual labor kind. Decluttering has creedence also but what I mean is to discard old habits, things, and people that don’t contribute to your overall well being. Anything that doesn’t pull you up only weighs you down!
- Volunteer for a cause!– Accomplishment is your gateway to fulfillment. Some of our ninjas like Eddie Corrin volunteer at hospices around Houston on weekends. You don’t have to do the same thing but there are plenty of activities you can participate in that will help your friends, family, and community out. These things not only help other people but help give you happiness as well.
- Take at least one vacation! – You don’t have to take all two of your weeks at work either. Wherever you are, there must be plenty of places near you where you can take a weekend to go relax.
- Take advantage of the nice weather!– Whether you like jogging, riding a bike, or flying kites, there are plenty of outdoor activities that could provide you a healthy dose of sunshine. And if you’re not the active type, grab a good book and head to a park near you. And if you don’t know how to read, grab your pet or someone else’s and take a trip to the dog park. Just don’t spend the days cooped up indoors. That’s a waste!
- Buy some flowers! – Nothing will bring the sense of spring into your home like some fresh flowers. I know this seems insignificant, especially for you bachelors out there,but it really makes a huge difference! Heck it might even impress your dates more than that dusty X-Box you keep on your floor.
- Enjoy yourself at outdoor festivals!– Here in Houston, we have several coming up. The International Festival and the Texas Crawfish and Music Festival are right around the corner. Check them out and have a good time!
- Make your modeling or acting debut! – Take lots of pictures and/or shoot videos whenever you are having a great time with friends! Make these cherished memories last forever!
DNC Worldwide News for April 2009
- New seasons and new beginnings also means new ninjas as well! Most recently, Drew Lockwood and JR Casimiro joined the fold as full-time flag bearers for the DNC. Gentlemen, you’re pledge-ship is over and you guys are now bonefide! Congrats men! You’ve earned it!
- Last month you heard the saga of Jino’s tense waiting on the status of his graduate school applications. No cause for concern was needed because he got invited to every school he applied to. And now he’s made his decision. Starting this fall, our very own Magneto Manalo will begin his graduate studies at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies! And not only that but Jino is currently preparing for his MMA fight debut for Lonestar Beatdown at Elite MMA. Jino certainly plans on kicking life’s ass from here on out!
- Christopher Reinig was back in Houston from Paris for a quick vacationwith his ninja brethren during the beginning of April. In the past year, this man has been based in Abu Dhabi, UAE to Paris, France yet he has managed to stay connected through and through. Always good to see my brother from another mother come home.
- Spring fever is in the air! This means DNC Spring Break 2009! In a few weeks, we’ll be taking a weekend getaway trip to the Hideout on the Horseshoe on Lake Guadalupe for a weekend of sun, fun, rest, and relaxation for our closest and most loyal friends.